1. Evaluate the Landrum-Griffin Act. Explain.
2. Explain the Union organizing process. Typically how is this done?
3. Evaluate retention assessment and metrics. What are the three key components, please explain?
4. Define and provide an example of selection criterion.
5. List the primary roles for HR departments.
6. Evaluate the employee at will (EAW) policy. Explain the purpose.
7. Specifically discuss the myths and realities about retention.
8. Outline the three main agencies within the Department of Labor.
9.List and explain four out of the seven HR management functions.
10.Explain Intangible, Tangible indirect and Tangible direct as it relates to the elements of total rewards.
11 .Specify the four types of Organizational Assets and why these are important to Human Capital?
12.Define a benefit and identify four strategic benefit considerations.
13.Analyze the effects of motivation. Why is it important for HR to understand motivation?
14.Explain due process and how it relates to the employee.
15.Analyze Risk Management. Detail the meaning and what questions are associated to this concept?
16.How are benefits managed?
17.List and explain the major U.S. Labor Laws.
18.Explain the two factors associated to Compensation Fairness and Equity.
19.In order to make recruiting more effective, consider the following recruiting activities:
20.Differentiate between employee rights versus responsibilities.
Create a Benefits Plan
You are the Director of HR and have been tasked to offer a new employee an ideal benefits package. This new employee has been highly recruited by other organizations, but has selected yours. Design an overall benefits package that includes compensation and a specific benefits package. How will you select certain benefits? What is necessary and what is not?
The requirements below must be met for your paper to be accepted and graded:
- Write between 700 – 1,000 words using Microsoft Word in APA style, see example below.
- Use font size 12 and 1” margins.
- Include cover page and reference page.
- At least 80% of your paper must be original content/writing.
- No more than 20% of your content/information may come from references.
- Use at least three references from outside the course material, one reference must be from EBSCOhost. Text book, lectures, and other materials in the course may be used, but are not counted toward the three reference requirement.
- Cite all reference material (data, dates, graphs, quotes, paraphrased words, values, etc.) in the paper and list on a reference page in APA style.
References must come from sources such as, scholarly journals found in EBSCOhost, CNN, online newspapers such as, The Wall Street Journal, government websites, etc. Sources such as, Wikis, Yahoo Answers, eHow, blogs, etc. are not acceptable for academic writing.