By successfully completing this assignment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and assignment criteria:
- Competency 2: Explain theoretical perspectives on conflict.
- Define conflict in own words.
- Explain the four communication behaviors (or horsemen) that lead to destructive conflict.
- Competency 7: Communicate effectively in a variety of formats.
- Communicate effectively through writing, including the proper use of sources and APA style.
Conflict is part of our daily life. Arming yourself with the proper skills to handle conflict enhances your interpersonal skills and relationships. To understand conflict, you must begin by knowing what it is and how it impacts your life.
After reading the assigned chapters, complete the following:
- Define conflict in your own words.
- Provide a detailed example of a conflict in your life. The example can be a work conflict, a family conflict, or any kind of conflict you wish to discuss.
- Wilmot and Hocker discuss four communication behaviors, or horsemen, that can lead to destructive conflict. Explain these four horsemen, then analyze in detail how at least two of these horsemen relate to your conflict.
- Written communication: Written communication is free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- APA formatting: Resources and citations are formatted according to APA (6th Edition) style and formatting.
- Page requirements: 250â€“500 words.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman or Arial, 12 point.
- Attach document in Microsoft Word format.