You are the new chief information officer for ACME Widgets. The president of the company recently asked you what you think the future of information technology will be. After a lengthy discussion, he further challenged you to write a position paper that will help direct the companyâ€™s allocation of resources based on your understanding of the future and potential paradigm shifts.
Write a five to eight (5-8) page paper in which you:
- Identify and describe a future information technology that you believe will create a paradigm shift.
- Identify and describe the domain in which the shift will occur.
- Explain the technology, how it works, and how it is different from what we have today.
- Give at least five (5) reasons why the technology will create a shift.
- Use at least three (3) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double-spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the studentâ€™s name, the professorâ€™s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.