Primary Task Response: Within the Discussion Board area, write 300–500 words that respond to the following questions with your thoughts, ideas, and comments. This will be the foundation for future discussions by your classmates. Be substantive and clear, and use examples to reinforce your ideas.
- What are the main functions seen in groups?
- Are there certain group functions that are essential to groups?
- Are there any group roles more important than other roles?
Now, clearly identify and describe 2 different groups. Describe at least 2 functions for each group and at least 2 roles that group members could have within the group. Provide specific examples for the functions and roles.
Responses to Other Students: Respond to at least 2 of your fellow classmates with at least a 100-word reply about their Primary Task Response. To help you with your discussion, please consider the following questions:
- What did you learn from your classmate’s posting?
- What additional questions do you have after reading the posting?
- What clarification do you need regarding the posting?
- What differences or similarities do you see between your posting and other classmates’ postings?