In 6–7 pages, complete the following
You have been asked to document and describe the hacking process. After all, the goal of white hat hacking is to ensure the security of the company resources, and documentation is always part of the process. In a report to your manager, describe the following topics:
- The hacking methodology and phases
- How scope is established and why the agreement of the scope is important
- How ethics come into play when conducting ethical hacking
Your colleagues heard that you are starting to hack the company systems, and they start asking questions, initially focusing on the ethical nature of the topic. You want to tell them how and why the hacking that you will be doing will actually help the company.
- Discuss the process of hacking, in terms of white hat, black hat, and grey hat hackers.
- How does each one of these differ, and how are they the same?
- Why do ethical hackers study the methods of black hat hackers?
- Provide definitions for the following concepts:
- White hat hackers
- Grey hat hackers
- Black hat hackers
- Describe why white hack hackers need to learn what black hat hackers do and the mechanisms they use to accomplish their tasks.