The assignment will have a few steps:
- Decide which research methodology you like the best – focus on that one for this assignment. So – if you enjoyed doing research using newspapers – find the ones that will help this week. If you enjoyed going to the library – go back. If you like primary source material – check out the online archives linked in the module. In short – use reliable and interesting material – DO NOT GOOGLE your research.
- Choose one of the texts ((in the reading materials assigned this week – see first sentence of prompt) and tell us what is most significant about it – there is no wrong or right answer – the significance of the text is entirely yours to explore, judge and explain
- Based on the text you read and the topic you are researching (family or free topic), connect the significance of the text to your topic.
Grammar & style rules:
- write at least 400 words, but PLEASE break up your thoughts into paragraphs!
- do not state your feelings, state the facts and the analysis, for ex: don’t say “I feel as though the revolution was important”; say “The revolution was important because….”
- remember to cite in the text (using footnote or parentheses)