Consider stress, coping, and health.
- Write a 4-5 page, double-spaced paper to demonstrate your critical reflection on the concepts, theories, arguments, and/or conclusions presented in the readings and class for this topic.
- Your reflections/analysis should be sufficiently specific to demonstrate that you have carefully read the material. While you should review the key concepts, your paper should NOT be simply a summary of the readings -instead, it should include your reaction to the readings.
- Think about what you agreed and/or disagreed with. Think about questions that were left unresolved.
- In addition, excellent papers are those in which ideas from the new readings are integrated with previous readings, class discussions, and personal experiences.
- Use your best critical thinking skills! Students should express their thoughts and ideas, and develop coherent and well-drawn-out arguments or statements.
MATERIALS FOR ANSWER
- Read pages 365-403, 405-438, and 5690603 in Myers, D. G. (2016). Exploring psychology (10th ed.). USA: Macmillan (either available version)
- Watch: Intelecom. (2006). Inside out – emotion [Video file]. Films on Demand. LAP 100 Module 6. (28:41)
- Watch: CrashCourse. (2014, August 45). Psychological disorders: Crash Course psychology #28 [Video file]. Retrieved from (10:09)
- Watch: Khanacademymedicine. (2014, October 24). Categories of mental disorders | behavior | MCAT | Khan Academy [Video file]. Retrieved from (16:18)
The following pages from the textbook are recommended, not required; however, you will likely find this selection enlightening:
- Pages 527-566