Discussion Question…Provide references
- From the first e-Activity, assess the potential pitfalls of potentially passing the Small Business Lending Enactment Act as discussed in the article. Suggest how these pitfalls can be minimized.
- From the second and third e-Activities, take a position on the long-term affect these alternative financing options may have on small businesses and the economy in the U.S.
Week 1 e-Activity
- Go to the Forbes Magazine Website to read the article titled “ Trusting venture capitalists,” dated June 16, 2005, located at http://www.forbes.com/2005/06/16/entrepreneur-venture-capital-kawasaki-cx_gk_0616artofthestart.html. Be prepared to discuss.
Week 2 e-Activity
- Research the Internet or the Strayer Library for trends in financing ventures during the recent economic downturn. Be prepared to discuss.
Week 5 e-Activity
- Use the Internet or the Strayer Library to research a start-up business that experienced securities law problems associated with obtaining venture funding. Be prepared to discuss.