Description: This assignment is in the form of a short essay responding to a series of questions relative to the chapters assigned in the text thus far in the course, and to the attached supplementary articles.
Requirements: You are to develop an essay answering the following questions. The essay is to be completed individually, and should be between two (2) and four (4) type-written pages, single-spaced, and include a coversheet identifying the pertinent student and course information.
- ï‚§ What is strategy?
- ï‚§ How should a start-up be organized? What are the parameters to work
- ï‚§ Does every venture require a business plan?
- ï‚§ Do start-up companies need a sound strategy more than existing
- ï‚§ What differentiates marketing messages of start-up firms from
- ï‚§ What can Entrepreneurs learn from Appleâ€™s iPhone marketing
- ï‚§ Every Entrepreneur should be the first and foremost marketing and sales
person for his/her company. Do you agree?
- Articles : The following supplemental articles are to be used in conjunction with the course text in fulfilling this assignment:
Baron and Hannan. (Spring 2002). â€œOrganizational Blueprints for Success in High- Tech Start-Ups.â€ California Management Review.
Bhide. Amar. (March 1994). â€œHow Entrepreneurs Craft Strategies that Work.â€ Harvard Business Review.
Bhide. Amar. (November 1996). â€œThe Questions Every Entrepreneur Must Answer.â€ Harvard Business Review.
Elsbach, Kimberly. (September 2003). â€œHow to Pitch a Brilliant Idea.â€ Harvard Business Review.
Kim and Mauborgne. (October 2004). â€œBlue Ocean Strategy.â€ Harvard Business Review.
Onyemah, Pesquera, and Ali. (May 2013). â€œWhat Entrepreneurs Get Wrong.â€ Harvard Business Review.
Porter, Michael. (November 1996). â€œWhat is Strategy?â€ Harvard Business Review. Zook, Chris and Allen, James. (March 2016). â€œReigniting Growth.â€ Harvard Business