Discuss your experiences/research with policies implemented to protect vulnerable populations such as patients with mental illness. How does the mental health Parity Act of 2008 improve mental health services? Describe ethics as it relates to vulnerable populations and you as a healthcare professional. Include values, beliefs, and laws in your discussions.
Global Health, Policy, and the Future
This assignment will be a 5 to 7-minute video or audio embedded in a PowerPoint presentation.
In the Learning Materials under Additional Resources Review:
1. National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine (2017). Global health and the future role of the United States. -> Review TABLE S-1 Committee Recommendations and Corresponding Actions on page 3 (these come from the global health report and are global recommendations) and the four Priority Areas for Action starting on page 4 that further explain the 14 Recommendations in TABLE S-1.
2. The Sustainable Development Goals (SDG)
*Select and review ONE of the 14 Recommendations OR an SDG that align with your interests or one you feel passionate about that could significantly improve global health.
Consider what steps healthcare professionals can take to advocate for vulnerable people at a global level.
This assignment will require you to create a 5 to 7-minute video or audio recording in a PowerPoint presentation.
Reflect on global issues in healthcare and address the following in your presentation:
- Briefly describe the selected global recommendation or SDG and the identified vulnerable population
- Analyze current healthcare policies that impact your selected global recommendation or SDG
- Explain the reason you selected the global recommendation or SDG and why it is relevant to the vulnerable population.
- Discuss why the global recommendation you selected should be implemented or the SDG you selected should be achieved, including why there should be funding to implement the global recommendation or SDG.
Length: 5 to 7 minute video presentation (mp4 format) with slide presentation
Structure: Include a title, objectives, and reference slides in APA format. Your presentation must include an introduction and a conclusion.
References: Use the appropriate APA style in-text citations and references for all resources utilized to answer the questions. A minimum of three (3) scholarly sources are required for this assignment.