In the ever-evolving field of human resources, it is extremely important for HR professionals to continuously upskill and reskill their own abilities to meet the needs of the changing workforce. From attending training courses to close knowledge gaps to reading about current trends, HR professionals can draw from a variety of resources and tools to help them prepare to support the workforce of the future. In your final discussion, you will reflect on what you have learned in this course and consider how it can help you prepare for challenging trends in the field.
Before you begin, reflect on how you can apply what you have learned about the daily work functions of HR and their impact on the employee life cycle to what the readings in this module discuss about current and future trends in HR.
Then, for your initial post, address the following:
- How will you apply what you have learned in this course to your current or future career? Think about which topics in this course have been the most interesting, valuable, or important in your opinion.
- Which of the current or future trends in the field of HR do you think will be the most challenging for you personally? Why?
Finally, respond to at least two of your peers by offering suggestions for how they can prepare for the current or future trends that they think will be the most challenging for them. For example, you could address any of the following:
- What resources or tools do you recommend that they draw from to develop the skills needed for that area?
- What concepts covered in this course do you think would support them as they navigate those trends in their careers?
- Do you have any insight in this area based on personal experiences that you can share?