After reading “Woman in the Nineteenth Century” answer the following questions in a discussion post:
1. Why did Fuller believe that the phrase “All men are born free and equal” was not made in vain?
2. Why were some people afraid of giving women equal rights?
3. Did Fuller believe that society had made some progress in gender issues?
4. How did Fuller’s advocacy of woman’s rights fit within the Transcendentalist school of thought?
- Review the article in the course reader and answer the below questions in 250 words or more.
- All discussion must have must use 5 footnotes at the end.
- Only use the course reader or textbook, no outsider other sources can be used.
- All statements must be in your own words, avoid quoting.
- To get the maximum amount of point students must answer each question.
- It is up to to the student if they want to retype each question with numbers.
- Do not weigh your comments down with questions.