You are working in the healthcare industry and are assigned to make a presentation to the purchasing department about demand and supply. Demand and supply are important factors in healthcare policy and planning, distribution of resources, and supply of health services. This week, you are going to use Dr. Jones’s pricing of services to illustrate how pricing affects the demand for services. The lower the direct price of a service, the greater the number of units of the service demanded by consumers.
The cost of Dr. Jones’s prenatal care determines the number of visits per year. At a cost of $200 per visit, patients visited 2 times; at $150, 3 visits; at $100, 4 visits; at $80, 5 visits; and at $50, 6 visits. In a PowerPoint presentation with at least 15 slides, address the following:
- Illustrate the effects of Dr. Jones’s pricing on the number of visits using a demand curve.
- Why do policy makers and planners study the demand for healthcare services?
- What factors influence the demand for health services?
- How would you measure quantity responsiveness to price change?
- How would the demand for services affect supply of healthcare workers?
Submit your assignment in APA format, as follows:
- Title slide: The title should be in all capitals.
- Length: There should be at least 15 slides.
- Body: This begins on the slide following the title slide and must be double-spaced (be careful not to triple- or quadruple-space between paragraphs). The typeface should be 12-point Times New Roman or 12-point Courier in regular black type. Do not use color, bold type, or italics, except as required for APA-level headings and references. The deliverable length of the body of your presentation for this assignment is 15 slides. In-body academic citations to support your decisions and analysis are required. The use of a variety of academic sources is encouraged.
- Reference slide: References that align with your in-body academic sources must be listed on the final slide of your presentation. The references must be in APA format and use appropriate spacing, hanging indents, italics, and uppercase and lowercase usage as appropriate for the type of resource that is used. Remember that the Reference slide is not a bibliography but a further listing of the abbreviated in-body citations that you used in your presentation. Every referenced item must have a corresponding in-body citation.