Crow Lake Literary Exploration Essay
For this assignment, write a literary exploration essay for Crow Lake by Mary Lawson and your personal experience on the following topic:
What is your opinion of the idea that the past can affect whom people become as adults ? Directions
In your writing, you must:
- Write a literary exploration essay on a theme based on the topic given above
- For this essay, select TWO characters from the novel Crow Lake.
- Include at least one quote as a supporting detail in each body paragraph that refers to a character from the novel.
- Reflect upon your own knowledge and/or experience.
In your writing, you should:
- Refer to the actions, thoughts and words of characters that suggest the theme. Look to descriptions from the narrator and other characters that also suggest theme.
- Re-read and take notes on important scenes, such as the exposition, complications, and the climax.
- Make the theme your main idea around which you organize your writing.
- Make sure that the examples and details that you select are relevant, specific and support your ideas about the idea that the past can have an influence on others.