Confirmation bias represents a pervasive tendency in reasoning. Myside bias and belief bias are types of confirmation bias. For this discussion:
- Describe confirmation bias, myside bias, and belief bias.
- Provide an example of how people fall prey to each of these tendencies.
- Under what circumstances do people seem to be less likely to show confirmation bias, myside bias, and belief bias?
Please include the following in your response:
- Refer to and integrate ideas presented in the text and any supplemental readings.
- Cite outside resources if necessary to make your point.
- Follow APA style guidelines for citations and references.
You will be evaluated on how well you demonstrate your understanding of the ideas presented throughout the unit, including assigned readings, discussions, and independent investigations. You will also be evaluated on the quality of your workâ€”its academic rigor, how well it shows your ability to think critically, and how completely it covers the questions asked.