In this assignment, you will create a spreadsheet for a business that is providing classes in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint. The owner wants to look at sales by class and month for the second quarter of the year and calculate monthly profit on the classes as well as by type of class. Open a spreadsheet and do the following:
- Merge cells B1 through D1 and type Software Sales in all caps. Center this in the merged cells. Bold the text as well.
- In cell B2, type Apr. In cell C2, type May. In cell D2, type Jun. Center these in their cells and make them bold.
- In A3, type Word. In A4, type Excel. In A5, type PowerPoint. These should all be bold as well.
- Type in some numbers to represent the sales of each class for each month. Each number should be different. Make sure they all have a dollar sign. You need to do this by formatting the cells as currency with no decimal places.
- In A7, type Sales and make it bold and in italics. In cell E2 type Sales and make it bold and in italics
- Using the SUM function, calculate the total sales for each month. These results should be in cells B7, C7, and D7.
- Using the SUM function, calculate the total sales for each class. These results should be in cells E3, E4, and E5.
- In A8, type Average Sales in bold and italics. Best fit column A so the words PowerPoint and Average Sales display fully.
- Using the average function, find the average sales for each month. These results should be in cells B8, C8, and D8.
- In A9, type Total Profit in bold and italics.
- In E9, determine the total profit. Fill this cell with a different color so that it stands out.
- In cell A12 enter your first and last name. In cell A13 enter your GIDnumber.
- Save your spreadsheet with the filename LastNameWeek6_GIDnumber and upload it in the assignment area.