Assignment 1- SWOT and PEST Analysis
For this assignment you will compare and contrast, as well as assess, the usefulness of SWOT and PEST analyses, which are frequently used by healthcare organizations in their strategic planning efforts. Your paper is expected to describe both tools briefly and explain how each is used in formulating strategy. In addition, your paper must describe the strengths, limitations, and challenges of each.
Your paper should be 3-4 pages in length, not including the title and reference pages, and conform to CSU-Global Guide to Writing and APA. Include at least three current scholarly references (e.g., peer-reviewed articles) in addition to the course textbook. Please ensure that no plagiarism is involved since I will be checking for this.
Assignment 2: Which Model?
Scenario: You were recently hired as the Director of Planning for a mid-sized hospital, and the CEO has decided to hire a consultant to assist with the annual strategic planning process. Three different firms have submitted proposals; each uses a different approach:
- Firm A uses the Boston Consulting Group Matrix.
- Firm B uses the General Electric Matrix.
- Firm C uses the McKinsey 7S Model.
The CEO has asked you to write a brief memo that concisely describes each of these models. In addition to describing these models, this memo must compare and contrast the strengths and limitations of each model and offer a recommendation on which model to use.
The memo should be well-written and meet the following requirements:
- 1.5 pages (single-spaced) in length, in addition to the title and reference pages
- Include at least four current references from peer-reviewed articles.
- A reference list is required for this assignment and must be formatted according to the CSU-Global Guide to Writing and APA.