Chick-fil-A (CFA) is one of the largest and most successful privately held restaurant chains in the United States, with over $3 billion in sales in 2009. One of the most important factors in the success of CFA has been due to its outstanding leadership, starting at the top with Truett Cathy, founder of the company.
For this assignment, research the leadership culture of CFA to gain insights into how it shapes the customer service environment that is created within the company. After completing your research, write a one-page paper that does the following:
- Provide an overview of the company, including historical facts, company mission, core values, and a list of the key corporate leaders.
- Describe how the leaders, or operators, of local CFA restaurants are developed and selected.
- Explain how CFA creates a culture of leadership by identifying potential leaders and training them for future leadership positions within the company.
- Provide your own analysis of why the leadership philosophy at CFA is so successful, and explain how it impacts the level of service that is provided at CFA restaurants every day. Give specific examples.
- Be sure to cite at least one article to support your research using APA format.