An organization’s Code of Ethics is a tool that professional managers use to hold employees accountable for their actions and values-based decision-making.
For this assignment, you will be comparing/contrasting two organizations’ code of ethics.
- Perform an internet search to locate the AHIMA Standards of Ethical Coding and the American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC) Code of Ethics.
- Compare and contrast these two code of ethics. Explain how they are alike and how they are different.
- Which code of ethics holds the most meaning for you?
- Which ethical principle do you feel is the most important for you as a Health Information Management professional?
- What will you do to model ethical behavior as a Health Information Management professional?
- Submit your findings in a 2 page Word document.