Case Study 1: DNR
Locate your state’s government website and search for its official Do Not Resuscitate (DNR) Form. Along with the form will be information and instructions regarding the form. In addition, research three area hospitals to determine if they provide their own specific DNR forms. Then, perform additional research regarding DNR and prepare your Final Paper by analyzing the following issues:
1. Analyze the requirements of your State Government’s DNR.
2. Identify the requirements of the three hospital’s DNRs.
3. Examine the differences and similarities between the state’s and the three hospitals; DNR requirements. Which form should you use?
4. Explain how a DNR is applied if a patient is under Hospice Care and EMTs are called.
Writing the Final Paper
The Final Paper:
- Must be eight to ten double-spaced pages in length, and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must begin with an introductory paragraph that has a succinct thesis statement.
- Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
- Must end with a conclusion that reaffirms your thesis.
- Must use at least eight scholarly sources (not including the course text) that were published within the last five years, including a minimum of four sources from academic journals found in the Ashford University Library.
- Must document all sources in APA style, as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate reference page, formatted according to APA style