Group Reflection Essay Easy Explanation:
3-5 page essay, two sources, APA style with a works cited.
Turn in online under Group Reflection Essay Tab on the left – will not accept hard copies
One big essay, split into two smaller, easier parts, but it should be written as one essay. I split it up into the two parts just for easier explanation, but it is ONE essay.
Part A –
- APA format
- Write a page and half that focuses on what happened in the past with your group (We did this well, we struggled with this, etc.)
- Include one source – review your power points for theories that can help explain what happened in the group (social exchange theory, fundamental attribution error, costs and rewards, etc.) or look at other theories through personal research (make sure to cite them and include in works cited page)
- Theories used from lecture can use this citation – Hamilton, C., & Creel, B. (2016). Communicating for Success. New York, NY: Routledge.
- APA format
- Write a page and a half that focuses on what you will do different for a future group project
- Include one source – look at chapter nine in power points that focuses on group development (focus on a stage of group development that you will do better at (“In the norming stage we will focus more on…..”) or look at other theories through personal research (make sure to cite them and include in works cited page)
- Stages used from power points can use the citation – Hamilton, C., & Creel, B. (2016). Communicating for Success. New York, NY: Routledge.