Nursing Theorist Presentation
Cheryl Tatano Beck” Postpartum Depression Theory”
Your presentation will include:
- The historical background of the development of the model or framework (1–2 slides).
- A short description of the theory or model (1–2 slides).
- The theorist’s name and a discussion of her background, including pertinent experiences in the background of the theorist as a nurse scholar that might have prompted the development of the theory (1–2 slides).
- A definition and description of the concepts of the theory, including (3–4 slides):
- How are human beings defined and described?
- How is environment defined and described?
- How is health defined?
- How are wellness and illness differentiated?
- How is nursing defined?
- What is (are) the goal(s) of nursing?
- The relationship between the theory and the concepts in nursing metaparadigm (1slide) (usually a drawing).
- Strengths and weaknesses of the model for clinical practice (1–2 slides).
- The central values and beliefs set forth by the theorist (1–2 slides).
- An example of use of the theory in your clinical practice (1 slide).
Length: 10–16 slides (with a separate reference slide)
Speaker Notes Length: 50–100 words for each slide