the purpose of this assignment is to use skills you have learned throughout all five weeks of the course. You will be able to apply what they have learned to solve a real world problem that you could use to in your future career.
|Review data of the expected payers that used Medicare between 2003 and 2014. Predict the percentage of expected payers that will use Medicare in 2018. The data to use for this assignment is uploaded below. The visuals have to be done with Word|
Create a 5- to 6-slide presentation that must include:
- Three to four slides of your visuals
- Create at least three visuals.
- One visual must be a scatter plot with trend line, equation, R2 value, and prediction value.
- Two of the remaining required visuals can be of the following format: histogram, box and whisker plot, or pie chart.
- Please note that the data set that you chose in Week 2 includes data that will not be needed to create your visuals. Quantitative reasoning requires critical thinking to decide what data is necessary.
Create a Microsoft® Word document that includes your three visuals and the following items:
- Title of your project and the scenario you are addressing
- Brief description of each visual (15 to 50 words)
- Consider including the following for each visual when applicable:
- A chart title that is appropriate for the data
- A descriptive x-axis label
- A descriptive y-axis label
- For your xy scatter plot, make at least one prediction using the trend line equation for a date in the future. How confident are you in this prediction? State your prediction and provide justification (50 to 150 words).
- If you created a box and whisker plot, describe the central tendency of the values. What does this tell you about the data and about your project?
- Calculate the mean of the sample data.
- Show your tables, scatter plot, other 2 visuals, calculations, and any other evidence to support your conclusion(s).
- Explain what information in the data tables is not needed for your analysis. Data table is uploaded below
- Discuss what you can conclude from the visuals. How do these visuals support your conclusion?
- One slide for a conclusion
- Restate your topic and question and give your answer to the scenario.
- How confident are you that your conclusion is sound?
- What work would need to be done to increase your confidence?
- Discuss what you learned from this project