Assignment 3: GSA Wants You
Imagine you are a service-disabled veteran and made your hobby of building model airplanes into a small business that produces very small remote control aircrafts capable of long sustained flights. You are ready to reply to a U.S. General Services Administration (GSA) Schedules solicitation.
Write a six to eight (6-8) page paper in which you:
- Describe the electronic submission process and the security measures present in this approach. Analyze the advantages over classic paper solicitations.
- Analyze whether or not your company has as much of a chance of having its bid accepted as a much larger corporation (e.g., Boeing) does. Support your analysis.
- Speculate on how you would negotiate during the contract award process once your solicitation is accepted.
- Determine the value of your most favored customer or class of customers to GSA. Analyze its impact on your small business.
- Compare and contrast the advantages of being a small company over being a lager firm (e.g., Boeing) in terms of contract administration and management.
- Assess the different marketing methods used to market to the federal government. Select three (3) most effective methods you would use to market your product or service to the U.S. government. Provide a rationale for your selection.
- Use at least three (3) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Examine the Federal Supply Schedule program.
- Assess the different marketing methods used to market to the federal government.
- Compare the support programs available to small-business contractors.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in contract administration and management.
- Write clearly and concisely about contract administration and management using proper writing mechanics.