Blog #1 Marketing to Multicultural Consumers
Topic: Listen to Nielsen Podcast ( “Meeting Today’s Multicultural Consumers” from the
podcast The Database,) assigned on Week 1 carefully. Find a product category where growth
is being driven by multicultural consumers, trends driven by multicultural consumers or
examples of marketing strategies adjustments to make them culturally relevant to specific
On the outlined modules/weeks, an individual blog post is due about the topic of the week.
Keep in mind that your discussion blogs will likely be seen by other members of the course.
Care should be taken when determining what to post. Take much care in researching and
posting thoughtful post, in order to maximize potential points.
1. You are expected to post a blog giving your thoughts on the blog topic of the week
2. There will be a total of four (4) blogs as scheduled
3. The approximate length of your individual blog is 250 words minimum.
Your blog posts will be graded as follows:
• Thoughtfulness and research on the assigned topic. Make sure you are researching the
topic and writing eloquently otherwise full potential points will not be given.
• Relevance of individual blog post to assigned topic.
• Proper citation, original thinking and good writing.
• If you quote a source, make sure you include proper citation. Otherwise, it will be
considered plagiarism and blog will be awarded 0 points.
• Clear and eloquent articulation of concepts regarding assigned topic using the following
20 POINTS POSSIBLE
O Topic being discussed and clear articulation of main issue: 10 points
O Your POV clearly articulated: 5 points
O Blog post style, grammar, and composition: 2 points
O Proper secondary research and references: 3 points
O Total point for individual blog: 20 points each