After alcohol, marijuana has historically been the most likely drug to be commonly abused in the United States. As a result, many different ways of thinking have emerged, for example, whether there should be medical uses for the drug and whether sanctions for possessing and using the drug should be decriminalized. This module allows you to delve into these controversial issues. You are encouraged to think about the pros and cons related to this topic from a personal perspective as well as from a wider societal perspective.
Using the module’s readings and the Argosy University online library resources, research decriminalization of marijuana.
In a minimum of 300 words, respond to the following:
- Describe your research findings.
- Explain how the decriminalization of marijuana would impact the criminal justice system.
Apply APA standards to cite the sources.
- By the due date assigned, post your responses to this Discussion Area.
- Through the end of the module, respond to at least two of your classmates’ posts. While responding:
- Contribute new, relevant information or quotes from the course’s readings, websites, or other sources.
- Build on the remarks or questions and share your own experiences with the same issues.
- Share practical examples of the key concepts from experience, professional or personal.
|Grading Criteria||Maximum Points|
|Quality of initial posting, including fulfillment of assignment instructions||
|Quality of responses to classmates||
|Frequency of responses to classmates||
|Reference to supporting readings and other materials||
|Language and grammar||