Explores regulations and safety practices related to the construction industry. Particular consideration is given to the prevention of fatalities and serious injury common to this industry sector.
Upon completion of this course, students should be able to:
- Explore common construction activities.
- Develop methods to control common construction hazards.
- Interpret Occupational Safety and Health (OSH) standards related to construction.
- Discuss the different types of losses construction projects face.
- Discuss the Occupational Safety and Health Administration’s (OSHA’s) multi-employer worksite policy effects on construction sites.
- Examine methods to communicate management programs on construction sites.
- Develop a site-specific safety program (SSSP) for contractor orientation.
- Plan risk management solutions to engage all stakeholders in the site-specific safety program (SSSP).