A hypervisor is computer hardware platform virtualization software that allows multiple different operating systems (O/S) to share a single hardware host. The configuration is such that each O/S thinks that it has the host’s processors, memory, and other resources all to itself. The hypervisor actually controls the host processors and resources distributing the resources to each O/S depending on need, and ensures that no O/S can disrupt any other O/S.
Write an eight to ten (8-10) page paper in which you:
1. Examine the technical advantages and disadvantages of using a hypervisor in an enterprise.
2. Compare and contrast the hypervisors from Microsoft (Hyper-V), VMware (ESXi), and Hitachi’s (Virtage).
3. Evaluate the effect of hypervisors on the TCO (Total Cost of Ownership) in an enterprise.
4. Determine whether the implementation of hypervisors has an impact on system administration. (i.e., Would system administrators need re-training?)
5. Use at least six (6) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
Template for Paper APA_Template_With_Advice_(6th_Ed) .doc