0 ?’col-md-4′:’col-md-6′”>Discussion Board
Appraising Performance: Methods
400-600 words with a minimum of 2 scholarly references
Looking for tutoring? Go to Smarthinking
Collapse All | Expand All
Primary Discussion Response is due by Friday (11:59:59pm Central), Peer Responses are due by Tuesday (11:59:59pm Central).
Primary Task Response: Within the Discussion Board area, write 400-600 words that respond to the following questions with your thoughts, ideas, and comments. This will be the foundation for future discussions with your classmates. Be substantive and clear, and use examples to reinforce your ideas.
As the chosen project leader for the development of a new performance appraisal system at Matrix International Corporation (MIC), you realize that you have a lot of work ahead of you. The Director of Human Resources, Annalise Zajac, has emphasized that the success of this project is critical to the future performance of Matrix. You begin to research the topic of performance appraisal systems in more depth.
Your research has provided you with a good foundation of knowledge regarding formal and informal performance appraisal systems. Complete the following:
- Discuss the differences between formal and informal performance appraisal systems.
- What are the pros and cons associated with each of these types of systems?
- Discuss whether there are any benefits to combining components of a formal and informal system.
- What might this look like?
Responses to Other Students: Respond to at least 2 of your fellow classmates with a reply of 100–200 words about their Primary Task Response regarding items you found to be compelling and enlightening. To help you with your discussion, please consider the following questions:
- What did you learn from your classmate’s posting?
- What additional questions do you have after reading the posting?
- What clarification do you need regarding the posting?
- What differences or similarities do you see between your posting and other classmates’ postings?
For assistance with your assignment, please use your text, Web resources, and all course materials.