Purpose: To be able to identify Business Crime in a contemporary business crime.
Instructions: Review the information found on Business Crime. You will then need to conduct research on one of the most notorious Ponzi schemes in U.S. history orchestrated by Bernie Madoff. Below are a few links that provide some background on this crime. These links are meant to get you started on the research for this assignment. Once you have researched this crime answer questions 1-6 in the context of a formal academic essay (1-2 pages in length).
Links to research material:
- What type of Business Crime was taking place in the Bernie Madoff case?
- What is the duration of the crime?
- Describe the Ponzi Scheme orchestrated by Bernie Madoff.
- Who was the whistle blower in this case?
- What Mens Rea (see chapter 6) can be determined from this case?
- What are the criminal penalties found in this case?
- Make sure to include an introductory paragraph and closing paragraph as is required in formal academic writing.
- Use 12 – Times New Roman Format
- Use grammatically correct business writing that is “audience centered, purposeful, persuasive, and economical” (M.E. Guffy & D. Loewy, 2010, p. 50).
- (If relevant) Be sure to cite your sources using APA. Please use the American Psychological Association (APA) format to cite your article. Instruction for using APA can be found online at https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/560/01/ (Links to an external site.).
- Do not plagiarize.