03/12/18 7-10 double spaced pages in length
Prior to beginning work on this assignment, read the Ryder, Ban, & Chentsova-Dutton (2011) “Towards a Cultural-Clinical Psychology,” American Psychological Association (2014) “Guidelines for Prevention in Psychology,” Hage, et al. (2007) “Walking the Talk: Implementing the Prevention Guidelines and Transforming the Profession of Psychology,” and Rivera-Mosquera, et al. (2007) “Prevention Activities in Professional Psychology: A Reaction to the Prevention Guidelines” articles.
Clinical and counseling psychology is a dynamic field that is constantly evolving and striving toward better treatment options and modalities. In this literature review, you will explore and integrate psychological research into a literature review, addressing current trends in three major areas of clinical and counseling psychology: assessment, clinical work, and prevention.
In your review, include the following headings, and address the required content.
Support this section with information from the Ryder et al. (2011) article “Towards a Cultural-Clinical Psychology” and at least one additional peer-reviewed article from the Ashford University Library.
- Compare the assessments currently in use by clinical and counseling psychologists.
- Explain the trend towards cultural-clinical psychology and the suitability of clinical assessments with diverse clients.
Support this section using a minimum of three peer-reviewed articles from the Ashford University Library. The recommended articles for this week may be useful in generating your response.
- Compare and contrast technical eclecticism, assimilative integration and theoretical integration.
- Provide a historical context and identify the major theorists for each perspective.
- Assess the trends in psychotherapy integration.
- List three pros and cons for each perspective, sharing which perspective most closely aligns with your own.
- Analyze the major trends in psychology and explain the connection between evidenced-based practices and psychotherapy integration.
Review the “Guidelines for Prevention in Psychology” (American Psychological Association, 2014), and support this section with information from the Hage, et al. (2007) “Walking the Talk: Implementing the Prevention Guidelines and Transforming the Profession of Psychology,” and Rivera-Mosquera, et al. (2007) “Prevention Activities in Professional Psychology: A Reaction to the Prevention Guidelines” articles.
- Describe general prevention strategies implemented by clinical and counseling psychologists at the micro, meso, exo, and macro levels.
The Literature Review
Must be 7 to 10 double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the
Ashford Writing Center
(Links to an external site.)
Links to an external site.
Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted